Welcome to the ninth day of the Trick & Treat SPOOKtacular, hosted by myself & Lori from Lori’s Reading Corner!
Every day, from now through Halloween, a different author will be stopping by for a guest post with a giveaway. On one of our blogs you will find a TRICK post and on the other blog you will find a TREAT post, both written by the same author. Each author has generously donated at least two copies of one of their titles for us to give away. The entry form is the same on both blogs, so you may enter on one blog, or you can double your chances and enter on both blogs. Check the bottom of the post for the rest of the authors that will be posting here during our Trick & Treat SPOOKtacular.
At the end of our SPOOKtacular, Lori & I will be giving away one BIG treat! Make sure to check back on Halloween for all of the details and to enter for your chance to win.
Our ninth Trick & Treater is LORRAINE BARTLETT! Today she is providing you with a TRICK post for my blog! Be sure to check out Lori’s blog for her TREAT post!
The Darker Side of Lorna Barrett
by Lorraine Bartlett
Most of my readers know me as Lorna Barrett, author of the New York Times bestselling and Agatha-nominated Booktown Mysteries. The books feature Tricia and Angelica Miles, both booksellers in the small New Hampshire town of Stoneham–also known as Booktown.
These are rather light-hearted books and concentrate on the relationship between the sisters.
But I also write the Jeff Resnick Mysteries as L.L. Bartlett. These are darker stories, with a brooding protagonist who comes with a certain amount of emotional baggage. He’s also a teensy bit psychic, the result of a vicious mugging that left him with a cracked skull, bringing out this latent talent.
While my Booktown mysteries feature the sisters, the Jeff Resnick Mysteries feature Jeff and his older half-brother Richard Albert. Like Tricia calling on Angelica for help to solve crimes, Jeff often calls on Richard.
As the Jeff series has a paranormal thread, I can delve into the unknown. Can someone dream the future? Are there really ghosts? Can someone touch an object and learn its history, or pick up vibes from the last person who touched it? What are the consequences of this kind of ability? How does it influence the way one interacts with his world, his relationships, and the pressures it brings to simply get through the day?
Jeff Resnick explores all these things . . . and he can take you along for the ride.
In addition to the Booktown and Jeff Resnick Mysteries, Lorraine Bartlett writes the Victoria Square Mysteries. The first in the series, A Crafty Killing, is now available. The next book, The Walled Flower, will be available on February 7th. But wait–there’s more! You can check out her work, find recipes and character sketches, and much more on her various websites:
Dazed and Confused blog: http://www.LLBartlett.typepad.com
Lorna Barrett on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LornaBarrett.author
Lorraine Bartlett on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LorraineBartlett.author
Lorna Barrett on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/LornaBarrett
Lorraine Bartlett on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/LorraineBartlet
Lorraine is giving away one print edition (USA or Canada only) and 2 e-format editions (for anywhere in the world) of Recipes to Die For: A Victoria Square Cookbook and two e-book copies of her first Jeff Resnick Mystery, Murder On The Mind (for anywhere in the world).
Katie Bonner and the rest of the locals from Victoria Square invite you into their kitchens to share tantalizing recipes and intimate stories about food, family, and life. So tie on your apron and sharpen your knives, because Recipes To Die For is chock full of culinary treasures that are to die for!
After a mugging in Manhattan leaves him with a broken arm and fractured skull, insurance investigator Jeff Resnick reluctantly agrees to recover at the home of his estranged half brother, Richard. At first, Jeff believes his graphic nightmares are just the workings of his traumatized mind. But when a local banker is found dead, Jeff believes the attack has left him with a sixth sense–an ability to see murder before it happens.
Piecing together clues he saw in his dreams, Jeff attempts to solve the crime. His brother Richard is skeptical, but with unsettling developments, they begin to forge a tentative bond. Soon, things that couldn’t be explained by premonition come to light, and Jeff finds himself probing into dangerous secrets that touch his own traumatic past in wintry Buffalo–where a killer is ready to darken Jeff’s visions permanently.
How to enter:
1. You must use the Rafflecopter widget below to enter this giveaway.
2. You may enter using any of the listed entry options in the Rafflecopter widget. You may choose one option or all options. Each option is worth one entry into the giveaway. (Note: There is a mandatory entry for this giveaway. You must leave a blog post comment stating which of the above books you would like to win (the cookbook OR Murder on the Mind). For the cookbook, let us know if you would like the print or the e-book copy.)
3. For each option you choose to enter with, click on “CLICK FOR INSTRUCTIONS” FIRST, follow the instructions, then click on “I DID THIS” and fill out the required information.
4. The giveaway ends on November 9th at 11:59pm EST.
5. At the conclusion of the giveaway, we will verify all entries.
6. Once the verification process is complete, we will use the Rafflecopter widget to select the 2 winners and contact them.
7. The winners will have 48 hours from our notification emails to respond with their full name and mailing addresses. If we do not receive a response, their prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected. Please be sure to check your spam filters!
8. All winner information will be forwarded to the author for prize fulfillment. We are not responsible for lost or misdirected prize shipments. Please check your address carefully before submitting it to us.
Oct 14th ~ Krista Davis
Oct 17th ~ Heather Webber
Oct 18th ~ Rick Mofina
Oct 19th ~ Elaine Viets
Oct 20th ~ Cleo Coyle
Oct 21st ~ Cathy Lamb
Oct 24th ~ Ellery Adams (aka J.B. Stanley)
Oct 25th ~ Brenda Novak
Oct 26th ~ Lorraine Bartlett
Oct 27th ~ Hank Phillipi Ryan
Oct 28th ~ Michele Scott
Oct 31st ~ Maggie Barbieri
Oct 31st ~ Lori & Jen’s TreatTacular